Parkinson’s disease is a progressive neurological disease which affects many areas of your body.
This results in a slowed walking style that is inherently unstable.
People suffering with Parkinson’s disease often have reduced mobility and therefore will struggle with many aspects of self care.
As Podiatrists we can help with keeping you on your feet longer by:
- Correcting the way you walk to keep you stable and energy efficient.
- Ensure correct shoes are worn to help stop the shuffle and make it easier for you to control your walking
- Provide routine Nail and skin care (Corns, Callous, and Long toenails)
- Annual neurovascular assessments to track changes in your blood flow and sensation (More frequently if indicated)
- Falls risk assessment
- Onwards referral to other specialists or help as necessary to keep your independence and safety.
If you or a loved one suffers with Parkinson’s disease Complete Feet Orthotics & Podiatry can help. Due to the chronic nature of Parkinson’s disease you may be eligible for government funding for some of your care. Talk to your doctor about a Chronic disease management plan today for your referral to see us.
We would love to help you find your feet.
Comments are closed.